Contribute to Avenues Today
You can support the programs of Avenues through volunteering or interning and through gifts designated for specific programs or projects. General contributions are always welcome to use in the area that we deem to be of the greatest need.
Avenues is now using the services of PayPal to accept contributions online.
Your credit card is all that you need to make an online contribution to Avenues. A Paypal account is not required. To make a contribution to Avenues, please click on the donate tab below.
If you are not familiar with Paypal or need more information on how to make safe online transactions, click here for a downloadable PayPal Tutorial PDF.
How to Contribute
Read about the many ways that you can help support Avenues:
- Campaign for Independence
- Sasser Society
- In-Kind Gifts
- Tributes and Gifts
- Recycling Avenue
- Thrift Shoppe
- Fundraising Events
- Participants live and work in the community. They pay taxes and give back. Each day, nearly 60 people are employed in the community and 150 in a supervised work center with jobs provided by Avenues. Each evening, nearly 75 people return to their Avenues supported homes.
- There are so many more people we cannot help. Currently we have more than 100 people waiting for services. As government support dwindles, we know new funding is necessary to maintain, improve and expand these very important programs.
- Our Directors provide sound financial leadership with a balanced budget and the Avenues Foundation to secure our future.
- Adults with developmental disabilities are an under-served population. Government support is diminishing, and Illinois ranks 43rd in the nation for spending on DD services. At Avenues we know that the time is right to build on our tradition of private support and diminish our reliance on State funding, which accounts for 62 percent of our revenue.
- Avenues has received accreditation and the highest commendation possible by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Avenues is also certified by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
- Only 14% of our funds are used for administrative costs. That is far below the 40% maximum seen nationally. At Avenues, your gift is used as intended.
When we work together, live side by side, and appreciate our diversity, all our lives are richer.